"License checkout timed out. What do you want to do?" when launching Autodesk 2020 software on Windows
Many Civil 3D 2020, AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT 2020 users have been calling in receiving an error dialog stating: "License checkout timed out. What do you want to do?" followed by 2 prompts to either Save drawings and quit, or quit without saving.
There ae a number of possible causes, including:
- Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service is not running.
- Damaged Licensing Component.
- Incorrect Registry Settings.
- Corrupt Single Sign On Component.
- Display Link Device Drivers incompatibility.
- Insufficient available storage space on the computer.
- LogMeIn conflict
The first and most common solution is to install the latest licensing update:
This new licensing service is required for Autodesk 2020 software versions.
- Sign in to the Autodesk Desktop App and install the latest Autodesk Licensing Service update.
- The update can also be downloaded from the Autodesk Account portal, Install Updates, Add-ons, and Enhancements, and from this link: Autodesk Licensing Service Updates.
- Restart the computer.
If this does not fix the issue, please see this article on the Autodesk Knowledge Network that provides a step-by-step guide on resolving this issue.
If, after trying all these fixes, it is still not working and you are getting the same error, please contact us for further support and we will work diligently to resolve this issue with your software, getting you up and working again.
For more information, contact, [email protected]