Prerequisites: Students should have a familiarity with the Windows based computer operating system, as well as a working knowledge of 3D design & task-scheduling software. This class is designed for new & experienced Autodesk Navisworks users who need to become familiar with the main tools within the software.
Expectations: Using the functionality of the Autodesk Navisworks Manage features, students learn how to open, review, quantify, & run object interference checks on 3D models. Students also learn to link to task-scheduling files & create 4D construction simulations.
- Describe the main features and functionality of the Autodesk® Navisworks® software.
- Open and append 3D files of different formats and save in the Autodesk Navisworks format.
- Create links to object properties files and scheduling files in external databases.
- Perform visual project model reviews using the built-in review and reporting tools.
- Create construction simulations of a project model to check validity of construction schedules.
- Use Animator and Scripter to create interactive animations for presentations and demonstrations.
- Obtain 2D and 3D takeoff data from source models to create material estimates, measure areas, and count components.
- Perform interference detection tests between 3D files of different disciplines to check integrity of the design.
- Add true-to-life materials, lighting, and Environments to project models, to create photorealistic output.