Prerequisites: Familiarity with Windows based computer operating system & an understanding of civil engineering terminology is an asset.
Expectations: Using the functionality of Autodesk InfraWorks 360features, students learn to create, evaluate, & even better communicate 3D site plan proposals for faster approvals.
- Understanding the purpose of Building Information Management (BIM) & how it is applied in the Autodesk InfraWorks 360 software.
- Describe the main features & functionality of the Autodesk InfraWorks 360 software.
- Navigating the InfraWorks 360 user interface
- Creating new models
- Incorporating existing data sources into models
- Adding essential design elements to models
- Analyzing models to ensure project constraints are met
- Creating high-impact visualizations of projects
- Generating videos of projects using storyboards
- Collaborating with project team members
- Managing visualization styles
- Building & modifying design roads with parameters
- Creating component roads, intersections, & roundabouts
- Adding bridges, culverts, & pavement drainage
- Analyzing the design of watershed & pavement drainage