Prerequisites: Familiarity with Windows based computer operating system & an understanding of AEC Building terminology is an asset.
Expectations: Using the functionality of Autodesk Revit features, students learn to open, create, & navigate 3D BIM models.
- Understanding the purpose of Building Information Management (BIM) & how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software
- Navigating the Autodesk Revit workspace & user interface
- Working with the basic drawing & editing tools
- Working with the various viewing tools
- Creating Levels & Grids as datum elements for the model
- Using work plane tools
- Creating a 3D building model
- Adding component features, such as furniture & equipment
- Understanding filters & selection sets
- Managing project phasing
- Working with schedules
- Drafting details
- Setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, tags, symbols, & schedules
- Exporting files to CAD formats