Autodesk® Vehicle Tracking software is a comprehensive transportation analysis and design solution for vehicle swept path analysis. The software enables engineers, designers, and planners, at government agencies and engineering consulting firms working on transportation or site design projects, to predictably evaluate vehicle movements. The software can validate designs for roundabouts, intersections, parking lots, airports, light railway, loading and access facilities, and campuses as well as predict movements of oversize vehicles.
The benefits of the software include the ability to:
- Integrate planning and design processes with analysis and simulation within a familiar Autodesk® AutoCAD® environment, making planning and design processes faster.
- More quickly evaluate 3D models of alternatives in order to optimize designs.
Autodesk Vehicle Tracking provides the following differentiators:
- Tight integration within Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® software, including 3D surface tracking and native civil object creation
- Vehicle animations that can follow 3D surfaces to test for vertical clearance requirements
- Features that help users more easily analyze and visualize the movements of steered vehicles, light rail vehicles, and aircraft, as well as design car parking areas and roundabouts within a drafting (AutoCAD® software) or design (Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® software) environment
- The ability to more quickly evaluate 3D models of alternatives in order to optimize designs such as roundabouts, intersections, and loading bays to support safety and standards compliance