Autodesk Revit is a CAD system with BIM capability from the first concept up to completion of construction; the 2014 version enables the display of point clouds to model existing buildings.
As navigating and modeling in point clouds is time-consuming and complex, the 4Revit Plugin for PointCab was developed to support efficient and simple 3D modeling with point clouds and Revit.
The 4Revit Plugin is an add-on for the PointCab software, with can be purchased as a bundle, either with the PointCab Suite. The solution is easy to learn even for inexperienced users and quickly produces impressive results.
- Our solution eliminates the complex and costly importing, navigating, and measuring in point cloud data in Revit.
- You can concentrate fully on creating your model. To achieve this, PointCab connects directly to Revit and transfers 3D information for the creation of walls, doors and windows, columns, and fixtures and fittings.
- Make use of the well thought out working method for measurement in both orthophotos and in standpoint-based views (scanner panoramas).
- Save time with the lower overhead for navigation and searching for the exact points.
- Over and above this, you can adopt floor plans or sections from PointCab 4Revit into CAD as the basis for distortion-free 2D plans, vectorizations and profiles, meshing, DGMs, delta frames, and more.
- Operation of the plug-in is easy to learn and can be quickly integrated into the working method you already use.
- With the strengths of PointCab as regards simple operation and processing speed in large and small projects and the simple modeling in Revit for the creation of complex 3D models, you now have the tools in your hand to implement BIM from existing data in your company.